Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Can We Preach the Gospel Without Living the Gospel?

210 page views and still no takers on the questions I asked? (The Mormon Atheist being the exception, but he is more interested in proving or disproving the existence of God). Why is that? It is so true that some Christians will loudly condemn and even deride other religions for their beliefs, but what I find when I ask hard questions is that many of us do not like to make it personal to ourselves. Why is that? Should we be willing to ask ourselves hard questions? If not why?

So here is another question. Do we need to LIVE the Gospel in order to really PREACH the Gospel or as some people say, "The Word of God stands on it's own"? I would especially like to hear from those of you on the "outside" looking in.

Disclaimer: Before someone accuses me of not believing in the Word of God and it's power, let me just say that I absolutely believe in it's power. But what is that power and what effect is it supposed to have? What evidence is there that a person is responding to that power?

There! 2 bonus questions!

2 comments:

  1. yes! You have to live the gospel or no one will even give your religion a second look. If you profess to be Christian and then turn around and do things contrary to those beliefs then people will not ever take you seriously. My question is this,

    Do you think that accepting all the bible good and the bad without question is a good idea?

    The reason I ask this is because it is becoming more and more difficult to continually deny the validity of science. People can see this and if its me I am turned off by the fact that I have to accept the bible and reject science.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, thanks for addressing my question. Are the Christians you know living the gospel? If so what do you like about them? What do you not like?

      To answer your question. This is the difficulty Christians have, Mormon Atheist. We are taught that the Bible is inspired, that all of it accurate. Therefore, if we are to believe in God and all that means to us, we have to accept everything. I think this is where you have a problem. And it is VERY valid.

      I personally think your belief in science as being soooo accurate is over rated. Science has been wrong many times in the past. But your question is still important and I wouldn't want you to believe in the Bible unless you believe it completely. This is actually one of the points of this blog. Do we believe or do we not believe.

      Other than science, rainbows, evolution etc. is there any other part of what the Bible teaches that you have difficulty believing? I ask this because the debate on evolution for example has been raging now for over a century with far more inteligent men than I, on both sides of the issue, making valid arguments. I might be able to discuss more indepth with you a different issue.

      Delete