Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Life of Praise

Have you ever thought about just how fortunate you are? That you can actually read this post. Ha, no, not that you are reading my blog, but that you can actually read. That you have a computer to read it on and the electricity to power it actually puts you in the top, perhaps 9% of the worlds population who actually owns a computer.

We, personally, own several cars. We have running water. We have access to top medical care. We have credit. We have more than 2 weeks worth of clothes in the closet. More than a week of food on the pantry shelf. We have family who loves us and would help us in any emergency. We have friends, a church family.

And yet we take so  much of this for granted. These are mostly material things. What of the spiritual and emotional? If you are a Christian, then you believe that you have eternal life after death in heaven. That you have been forgiven your sins. That you have a Father who loves you and cares for you.

Do you find yourself living in a state of constant praise to God for what He has given you? I don't. I should, but so often I look at the things I don't have. I focus on the problems I face, not the blessings I enjoy.

The longer I live in Honduras, the more I am learning to praise God. Almost every day I wake up and have to pinch myself to see if I'm just dreaming. I am blessed to be living here in this beautiful country. We have made some wonderful friends here. I have not worked in almost a year now and we still have food on the table and for tomorrow too. It's not as though I have nothing to do. Instead, I have opportunities to help people who have no water, get water. I am blessed to be pioneering the start up of two new businesses, neither of which take a whole lot of my time. My family is healthy. We are very actively engaged in community.

I want to live a life of praise to God. Although the Bible tells us to bring cares and concerns to God, we are told overwhelmingly to praise Him...in everything. Do you want to join me in learning to live a life of praise? 

No comments:

Post a Comment